ALKA – DANCE OF LIBERTY (2018)
Premiere: August 18th, 2018
Venue: Fort Grad walls, Sinj
Author: Marija Šćekić
"Alka – dance of liberty" united centuries old tradition of the locality and cultural heritage of Sinj and contemporary artistic move into unique audio-visual sensation.
With the reconstruction of walls of fort Grad in Sinj, the town joined association European Walled Towns that supports and is concerned with joint interests of fortified cities all around the Europe. “Alka – dance of freedom” will use south walls of the fort as its stage with 3D video mapping projection as a visual stage of the show. 3D video mapping is a new and exciting technique of projecting, which can turn almost every surface into dynamic video wall. It enables buildings to move, breathe, change their shape and even communicate.
Fort Grad lives in memory of Cetina region people as a place of mythical victory over by far superior Turkish enemy. In honour of the battle, even today after three centuries, in Sinj Alka – knight game is held. As a vow to Virgin Mary the Day of Our Great Lady is celebrated. According to the legend, she walked all dressed in white over the walls of the fort – and made the enemy retreat. Thousands of people pilgrim in August to Sinj and pray to Our Miraculous Lady of Sinj. The walls of Grad cherish till today famous history and eagerly watch over its town.
- N1 TV (Spektakl "Alka - ples slobode" oduševio publiku, in Croatian)
- HotSpots Croatian Tourist Guide (Alka – dance of freedom, in English)
- HRT Radio Split (Plesni performans "Alka - ples slobode", in Croatian)
- 057info.hr (Zadarska plesačica u Sinju s predstavom Alka - ples slobode, in Croatian)
- Idea and Sinetography ©: Marija Šćekić
(Sinetography is the original movement notation by Marija Šćekić, which deals with the choreography of body, sound and light movement)
- Rigging: Ivica Galac, Davor Divković
- Vertical dance performance: Sarah Bruat (France) and Despina Goula (Greece)
- Assistants/Volunteers: Sveti Jakov-Bitelić Mountain Association
- 3D Mapping: Pixel Design d.o.o.
- Music: Ranko Šajfar
- Head of Lights: Saša Bogojević
- Costume Design: Mihaela Gregov
- Video Recording: Vladimir Miketa
- Photography: Marko Dimić