The course Somatic 50+ is a part of education programme of the Marija Scekic’s School of Natural Movement, based in Zadar.
The word "somatic" comes from the Greek word for body cell, and "Somatic +50" is a natural movement
and dance course for seniors (+ 50 years old) eager to find their own patterns of movement and
explore the various forms of subtle body movements on the specific topic of each individual
The body has its own intelligence that allows it to navigate easily and easily in the space in which it moves. The Somatic +50 course provides the participant with a safe, positive, and creative ground for acquiring just such psychomatic intelligence.
Marija Šćekić's method involves the integration of various somatic approaches including Body Mind Centering, Laban and Bartenieff in order to achieve quality and long-term body awareness, coordination of movements, body and mind alignment, improvement of posture and solving bad habits, which often leads to injuries and pain. Improvisation on a given topic is an integral part of the advanced training phase, so the learner is given the opportunity to derive their maximum artistic and creative potential from a given exercise form.
- The ability to discover and learn about your own body movements through subtle body movements, feelings and sounds
- Develop awareness of one's body as well as creative artistic potential
- Improve posture and general attitude to one's body and movement culture
- Empower the body through exercises for coordination and body strength
- Relax through the creative dance movement
- Allow the life experience to find its own dance movement and art form
A maximum of 5 students are admitted to the group in order to keep the training quality and to provide individualized access to each participant.
For more information about all active programmes in 2020 please visit and/or join our official School of Natural Movement Facebook page.
SCHEDULE & PRICE
1 x weekly for 75 minutes
Monthly fee: 250 Kn/h
Facebook School of Natural Movement and Dance